PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY. IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS. IT ALSO CONTAINS A DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY AND A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY CLAUSE.
This website www.iituk.org is intended for and strictly reserved for use by individual alumni of the the various Alumni of the various Indian Institute of Technology (also referred to as IIT) colleges, members of the IIT AA UK, College Alumni Cell and the College Principal and staff, for personal, IIT AA UK – related purposes only.
Certain functionalities and access to certain sections of this website may be restricted to some or all members of the IIT Alumni Association (hereafter, also referred to as IIT AA UK).
Policies and Guidelines
Some basic guidelines and policies govern the use and conduct of this website, and users must abide by the following:
1. You may download or copy any downloadable materials displayed on this website for home, noncommercial and personal use only; provided, however, that you maintain all copyright, trademark and other notices contained in such material and you agree to abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in any material accessed through this website. Unauthorized copying, reproduction, republishing, uploading, downloading, posting, transmitting or duplicating of any of the material is prohibited.
2. Information available through this website may be used for personal IIT AA UK -approved purposes only. Use of information or communications available through this website for any commercial, public or political purposes is strictly prohibited. Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to: a) activities that are illegal or fraudulent; b) use that inaccurately implies endorsement, approval, or sponsorship by various IITs or IIT AA UK (or any individual working with various IITs or at IIT AA UK; c) use that can be confused with official communications of IITs or IIT AA UK, or any of their representatives; d) use that can be confused with official communications of any IITs, Batch Representatives, Chapter Heads, Sub-committees and Interest Groups or other authorized alumni leaders; and e) print or electronic mass mailings (spamming), solicitations for commercial services, or cold-calling.
Posting of obscene or vulgar materials or use of obscene or vulgar language, or use of abusive, defamatory, profane, or threatening language of any kind, will constitute a violation of these policies governing the use of this website. Determination of whether specific postings violate these policies shall be at the sole discretion of the IIT AA UK Trustees.
Users shall also not upload, transmit, distribute or otherwise publish any materials containing a virus or any other harmful component.
IIT AA UK may deny further access to these services to those who engage in these or similar practices. These terms also apply to any Message Boards, Blogs and Member Directory functionality, Mentor Project or Career Connect, which are provided by this website as another means of alumni communication.
3. User accounts may not be shared, transferred, or sold to other parties, nor are they to be used by or made available to any person or entity except the registered member. Additionally, users shall not restrict nor inhibit any other user from enjoying any service on this website
4. All email forwarding aliases adopted by users of this website are subject to approval by IIT AA UK. Furthermore, alumni email forwarding addresses should not be used as official business addresses.
5. IIT AA UK is not responsible for screening communications in advance, and will not routinely monitor the use of this website. IIT AA UK, however, reserves the right to reorganize or delete any postings or add and remove message board topics. Notes posted to the message boards of any functionality will remain for 30 days, after which they may be deleted. Alumni users of this website may report any abuses or misuse of this website by sending an email to email@example.com. If IIT AA UK determines that a user’s participation on this website creates a risk of liability for IIT AA UK, or any of the IIT Colleges, or that the user has violated the policies set forth herein or any applicable laws or regulations, IIT AA UK reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to expel a user and deny further access to this website. Further, the user’s Membership of IIT AA UK will be placed under review before the Executive Committee.
6. If you believe that any content posted to this website infringes your copyrights, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Infringement’ as the Subject Line.
Liability and Indemnity
The reliability of the information available through this website is dependent upon the actions of its users. IIT AA UK can make no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of this information.
IIT AA UK does not warrant that this website will operate error-free or that the site and its server are free of computer viruses or other harmful material. To the fullest extent permitted by the law, IIT AA UK disclaims all warranties, including the warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, and fitness for particular purpose. In no event shall IIT AAUK be liable for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, resulting from the use of or inability to use information or materials available on this website.
Please note that IIT AA UK may revise these policies and your continued use of the site constitutes your agreement to comply with such modifications. You should review the policies periodically to ensure that you are familiar with them.
IIT AA UK expects users to exhibit the same level of respect for others in these forums as in any other IIT AA UK-related venue (such as at a reunion event on campus or any other premises).
IIT AA UK may deny access to this website to any individual at any time. Participation in this website – www.iituk.org is a privilege.